- Fortune Magazine
A trial attorney needed an edge to persuade jurors in a complex case.
The COO of a $1 billion company had to win a pitch worth $25 million annually.
The board of a $235 billion company wanted clarity amid cluttered slides.
See yourself in situations like this? You’ve come to the right place.
I'm Cliff Atkinson
I'm an expert in high-stakes persuasion and visual storytelling, working with leaders at top law firms and Fortune 500 companies.
- For the successful trial attorney who needed an edge to persuade jurors to see things his way, I applied a persuasive theme that Fortune magazine called “frighteningly powerful” – and he won a $253 million verdict.
- For the COO of the $1 billion company who wanted to win a $25 million pitch, I flipped his message from “all about us” to “all about our audience.” Afterward, the COO emailed the CEO saying “This was the best presentation we’ve given in 5+ years, and I’m confident we’re going to win.” And they did.
- For the board of a $235 billion public company who needed to cut through their cluttered slides to make better and faster decisions, I showed them how to quickly cut through the clutter and keep their messages clear and simple.
How I Can Help You
Change minds, gain influence, get rapid results
- I'll advise you personally. As your trusted advisor, I’m available on a retainer basis for both tactical and strategic feedback and insights. You might call me prior to or just after a major presentation. We might debate the wisdom of a given initiative. I might provide innovative ideas for your top priorities. We would agree on access and you would have my top priority. It is the type of “real time” consulting that, typically, only top officers of Fortune 500 companies enjoy. A firm can do this for 3 people, or a group of up to 3 attorneys can pitch in.
- I'll train you and your team to be more powerful communicators. I'll teach you and your team the proven methods that take you to the next level of masterful and powerful communication. In an accelerated and effective training session, you'll transform complexity and overload into a crisp, clear and concise message that you deliver with confidence and clarity.
- I'll craft a high-stakes message for you, top to bottom. When you have a presentation or pitch that you absolutely have to win, I can shape the strategy, structure and slides that will give you the ultimate edge.
Let’s talk about the challenge you face, and the ways I might help.
BEYOND BULLET POINTS book
“Throw away those room-emptying, left-brain slides, and use Atkinson’s book to turn your PowerPoint presentation into something epic.”
Daniel H. Pink, author of A Whole New Mind
Beyond Bullet Points shows you how to present a persuasive visual story that gets results. Named a Best Book of 2007 by the editors of Amazon.com, this communications classic has sold over 100,000 copies in four editions and has been translated into a dozen languages including Chinese, Korean, and Russian.
"Cliff’s laser focus boiled down a complicated case into a few simple messages that were powerful and persuasive. I highly recommend him for any project where clear communication is needed."
Co-author, Rules of the Road: A Plaintiff Lawyer’s Guide to Proving Liability
"Cliff helped us make our value proposition more compelling, relevant and persuasive. Now we no longer read from slides – instead we tell stories that allow our clients to truly assess our fit with their needs."
Chief Marketing & Customer Experience Officer, MV Transportation
"Cliff, I just wanted to say a big thank you to you. Your presentation was spot on and fantastic!"
Kristin G. Hamlin
Vice President, Wells Fargo
invite cliff TO SPEAK
Do you want your group to unlock value from clear communication?
My sessions empower your team to do just that. I have delivered hundreds of presentations for diverse audiences around the world, and each one features a seamless blend of clear stories, compelling imagery, and authentic delivery. Some of the places I’ve spoken include:
Get in touch if you’re interested in discussing how I can engage your audiences.
Get in touch
Call me at (917) 719-3830 or complete the form below.